In the real original picture of the insides of the tree, all of the rings are totally distinctive. And then there are 5 winder rings that change in shade from deep brown at the center to a highly contrasting softer shade, and then darkening again one fifth at a time until reaching the outer shell of the bark. Does that not give you a million ideas for the interior organization of a building, or for a garment, or for a painting, or for the composition of diner tonight?

I am trying to find ways right now to present an 'identity' and this tree has helped me think in a new direction where I was a little blocked before. You really never know where it is going to come from.

And I don't think I would have looked twice if Thomas hadn't stopped, leaned over, and started counting the rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment